• April 12th - The Company is established in Treviglio (Bergamo)
• Design and manufacture of the first Solid State TV Transmitter (10W)
ABE's first trademark
The first ABE Elettronica trademark, in use from 1979 and registered in 1982.
1980 - 1981
• ABE widens its TV Transmitter range with the introduction of low and medium power (100-200-1000W)
• The Company moves to a brand-new and larger building on an entrepreneurial business estate in
Tube (triode) 100W UHF Power Amplifier ABE type 'L100' for analog TV Transmitter
Entrance of ABE factory in Caravaggio - 1980
1982 - 1987
• The TV Transmitter range is completed with the introduction of the high-power (5-10-20kW) tube
• Introduction of a whole range of analogue Microwave Links in bands from 2 to 14GHz.
• Arrival of international business contacts.
Vintage Microwave Link
one of the first models of 10GHz ABE Microwave Links
Vintage Power Amplifier (5/10KW)
Tube (tetrode) UHF Power Amplifier ABE Type ìL5000/10000î for 5KW analog TV Transmitter (with combined amplification), or for the 10KW version (with separate amplification).
• Owing to continuous growth, ABE becomes a joint-stock company.
• Establishment of A.F. Meccanica Srl, a Company controlled by ABE, conceived as a support and
answer to ABE’s growing fabrication needs and specialising in the high-frequency precision mechanics
field (filters, microwave housings, antennas; etc).
• First exhibition at an international trade fair (International Telecommunication Symposium in Montreaux).
1990 - 1995
• Launch of the whole range of high-power Solid-State TV Transmitters, in both VHF and UHF bands.
• Constant participation in all the most important TV Broadcasting international exhibitions (NAB, IBC,
Broadcast Asia; etc.)
• ABE moves to a new, larger and more prestigious building in Caravaggio, reflecting the Company’s new
ABE Head Office
ABE's new building in Caravaggio.
1997 - 2002
• Development of digital technologies and production of MPEG-2 Encoders, Multiplexers, digital
Modulators, Microwave Links and Digital Transmitters.
• Design and implementation of a Remote Control and Monitoring system for all series of equipment in the
• ABE obtains Quality Certification in compliance with the ISO-9001 international standard.
2003 - Today
• Launch on the market of the new OFDM digital modulator, designed both for terrestrial digital
broadcasting transmitters (DTT) and Microwave Links and of the modulator/up-converter for satellite
• Constant development, upgrading and updating of the whole range of products according to the most
recent and innovative technologies.